Weld County

Sheriff's Office

Providing effective public safety services with honor and integrity.

I want to ?


Permits & Records

Property Info


Concealed Handgun Permits

sheriff2 In order to carry a concealed handgun in the state of Colorado you must have a permit.

The law changed, May 18, 2003, to enable citizen's to carry a state wide permit. Please see the permit application for more information. For questions call 970-356-4015 ext 2865.


All applications need to be returned to Weld County Sheriff’s Office at 1950 “O” Street, Greeley or by appointment 720-652-4215 X 8764 South West Weld County 4209 CR 24 ½ , Longmont.



As of January 7, 2016, there is no longer a waiting period for Concealed Handgun Permit renewals.  Renewals can be completed on the spot at Weld County Sheriff’s Office at 1950 “O” Street, Greeley.

Concealed Handguns Permit Forms

Concealed Handgun Permit Info Packet
Concealed Handgun Permit Application
Concealed Handgun Permit Frequently Asked Questions
Lost/Stolen/Address Change
Concealed Handgun Permit Renewal
Alien supplementary questionnaire (ASQ) to implement federal immigration status requirements
Retired Officer Application
Address Change / Permit Lost or Destroyed Form
New List Item

Contact Information

Kelly Cogswell
1950 O Street
Greeley, CO 80631
(970) 356-4015 x 2865
(970) 304-6467